Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Life's Heros

So I was reading this poster the other day in the Fire Hall where I work and it had across it in big letters "Fire Fighters Are Our Heros!' and in the back where the pictures of a bunch of little kids. Now this is probably the jelousy talking but how are fire fighters any more of a hero than us EMS folk? I really think that kids would see fire fighters in less of a hero light if the could better understand what we did in EMS. You show a kid a fire trunk and tell them it is a big truck full of water that gets put on a fire. Thats something easy to understand. You show a kid an Ambulance and tell them it is full of things which they see at a doctors office and are scary and full of equipment that they have no hope of understanding how it works. Of course the kid isn't going to think that we arn't as cool. I think this is an unfair gig, just because kids don't understand what we do they don't look upto us as they do the fire fighting and for that matter law enforcement community. Oh well what can one do, its not like I can make the kids look up to me so I guess I will have to live out my life in the shadow of those Fire People.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Do you really care what little kids in a poster promoting fire fighters think of you?

I thought you dealt with kids by tossing them down hills.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Well it would be nice If they thought i was as cool as I know I am.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Erin said...

why don't you make a poster promoting you with kids thinking your cool.

Uhh on second thought that might be scary!!! *I kid I Kid* (I didn't mean that to be a pun)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counters