Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Problems with Health Care

Every day I go to work it becomes more and more apparent to me that there are several nurses who really don't provide patient care at all. When I was picking up a patient to take them back home to their nurseing home, I was attempting to get a patient's history from this nurse and she knew nothing about the medical history of her patient. Correct me if I'm wrong but itsn't it the job of a nurse to know what is wrong with a patient so that it can be corrected. The scary part is that this is not the first time I have had this happen. It seems more and more nurses are not providing the care that one would expect goes along with having the title nurse. Now there is always the argument that nurses are overworked and underpaided. BULLSHIT!!! A nurse makes 4 to 5 times as much money as I do and work far less hours than I do. Most of the nurses I know work 40-50 hours a week. I work at least 96 some times as much as 168hours a week, in fact some of the easiest days I have had in my healthcare career where when I was working in a hospital on my practicums. So to sum up this rant, Nurses learn and take care of your patients. Take some pride in your work, do the job you are makeing so much money to do.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't group us all together now, but yes, I agree. I make an insane amount of money, work crappy hours, and hold the hands of residents who REALLY should know more than I do!

But for it, I had DAMN WELL better know what's going on with my patient, or my ass will be grass.

- E

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog I hope we can work to build a better health care system. Health insurance is a major aspect to many.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counters