Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Man is Amazing

So it has been almost four months since I posted last and I had almost forgotten that I even had this thing. So back to posting I must go.
So I was reading the following from Reuters:
"Kim (Jong-il) pilots jet fighters, pens operas, produces movies and accomplished a feat unmatched in the annals of professional golf by shooting 11 holes-in-one on the first round he ever played."

I understand that in a Communist Dictatorship the over all love and adoration of the leader is important, but shouldn't one draw the line some where.
I mean fly fighter planes, sure I can believe this. Country leaders have been pilots before this is nothing special. He produces movies, well of course he does everyone know he is a movie junkie and has nothing but money to spend on more. He pens operas, okay so maybe he has some musical talent. You never know he very well could have written an opera, because no where does it mention that any have been preformed or that any where any good. The problem I have is him shooting 11 straight hole-in-ones on his first ever attempt at golf. I'm sorry no matter how dumb you are or no matter how much you love your leader. How can you believe that your leader had done something that no other person has ever done before. Done something that for all intents and purposes are impossible. How does the propaganda department think this is going to help out. This is like Winton finding out that Big Brother... Ok I was going to put this great 1984 example in but I was unable to think of an example of something that Big Brother would be unable to do. Big brother could do it all, the could say that he was the greatest floral designer ever and throw in how this makes him better at killing who ever he is to be killing and people would love him for it. But Best golfer ever, come on North Korea please tell me you all have enough common sense to understand that all this is a big pile of shit. But maybe its just me.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Nicholas said...

About Kim Jong-Il producing movies: the guy is a huge film buff, and in a famous incident in the mid-1980s, he ordered his government to kidnap his favourite horror director from South Korea when the poor sod initially refused to make a movie for him. Look it up - it's an obscure monster movie entitled Pulgasary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counters